In some cases, USPS may mark a package as “Delivered” a few days in advance when it’s still “Out For Delivery”.
If you haven’t received your package after it has been marked delivered, follow these steps:
- Double-check your shipping address on your order confirmation to ensure that it was shipped to the correct address
- Check your mailbox or anywhere else you receive mail. The postal carrier may have left the package somewhere discreet to prevent it from being stolen
- Check with your neighbor or roommate. They might have accepted the package for you
- Check for a notice of attempted delivery on your tracking link. This will have more information on the next steps you should take to receive your package
- Give it a little more time. Some carriers will scan items as delivered prior to arrival. We suggest waiting 2 business days to account for this. Thanks for your patience!
If it has already been past 2 business days and your package is still missing, please contact USPS with your tracking number to start a claim and reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number to let us know.